The Center for Modern Surgery understands that insurance, billing and financial matters can be complex, which is why our team of professionals is here to help. We are committed to providing you with the information and resources needed to understand your bill, the CMS financial policy and how we work with your insurance.
Here are some important billing considerations to review prior to your procedure.
Some services associated with your treatment may be performed by providers on an out-of-network basis. CMS fees cover the use of the facility only and do not include fees for the surgeon, anesthesiologist, anatomical pathologist, or services such as intraoperative monitoring and durable medical supplies.
- Charges for these and possibly other services will be billed separately by these providers.*
- On the day of surgery, you will be responsible for any copayments and/or deductibles associated with your service providers.
Therefore, you should inquire separately with your physician’s office and associated providers to find out which insurance plans they participate with as a preferred/in-network provider or as an out-of-network provider. Once you and your surgeon have determined the best course of action for your treatment, you may be able to work with them to adjust which services, diagnostics and planned procedures they will use based on your expected insurance coverage.
Please note that CMS’s billing office staff members are always available to help you:
- As a courtesy, we will obtain prior authorization if necessary and bill your primary insurance on your behalf. Please bring a copy of your insurance card and ID on the day of surgery. If you have more than one insurance carrier, please also bring any necessary secondary billing information.
- Or, if you have questions about your bill and what is covered by insurance, please contact the CMS billing department at 240-669-3134.
- If you anticipate needing any special financial arrangements, the CMS billing department can explain your options.
Please contact your insurance provider if you have additional questions regarding your out-of-pocket costs.